In this article learn more what to do if Gig Performer doesn’t find your AU, VST or VST3 plugin. Generally, plugins have to be validated before they are used by audio plugin hosts such as Cantabile, Mainstage or Gig Performer.
The validation procedure is normally done automatically by Gig Performer when it starts up and detects a new plugin.
Sometimes a particular plugin may take longer than expected, perhaps because it’s trying to connect to a remote server for authorization and couldn’t. To avoid one plugin with a potential problem preventing all others from being validated, Gig Performer’s plugin scanner will eventually time out and that plugin will be marked as unavailable.
Alternatively, there may have been a problem with a previous validation attempt that failed and again the plugin will have been marked as unavailable.
If your plugin does not seem to be available to Gig Performer:
a) first confirm that it is a 64-bit AU, VST3 or VST plugin or that it is wrapped by a 32 to 64-bit converter such as jBridge or 32 Lives.
b) If you are a Mac user and your Mac uses the new M1 processor, please check this blog article to learn more how to resolve possible problems with missing plugins.
If instructions above didn’t solve your problem, please perform the following steps:
- Run Gig Performer’s plugin manager manually (select “Plugin Manager” from the Window menu).
- Scroll down and look for items that are in red. These are plugins that Gig Performer found but couldn’t validate. The plugin with which you were having trouble is most likely on that list.
- Select those plugins and delete them manually by pressing the DELETE key.
- Click the button at the bottom of the Plugin Manager, called “Scan for new or updated plugins”.
- The Plugin Manager should find those audio plugins and will attempt to validate them again.
- When it’s done, close the Plugin Manager window. Your plugins should now be available. In some cases you may have to restart Gig Performer.
– Installed plugin does not show up in Gig Performer
– How to troubleshoot and identify plugins that crash
– Top websites for free audio plugins and how to use them in Gig Performer
– Troubleshooting (User Manual)