05 Jun Information for Plugin Alliance Customers
Plugin Alliance has two versions of Gig Performer available:
- Locked: This version is included with the Megabundle and the Musician Bundle and only works with PA plugins
- Unlocked: This version is sold as a separate product and will work with 3rd party plugins
The unlocked version of Gig Performer sold by Plugin Alliance is substantially the same as the version sold by Deskew Technologies except for the following:
- The Plugin Alliance version uses the Plugin Alliance licensing system whereas the version from Deskew Technologies uses its own proprietary system
- The optional startup templates that are included with the Plugin Alliance version are designed for use with Plugin Alliance plugins
- The optional startup templates included with the Deskew Technologies version are designed for plugins included with the Deskew Technologies version
- User support for the Plugin Alliance version of Gig Performer is provided by Plugin Alliance
Plugin Alliance has their own pricing structure which may be different than the price from Deskew Technologies. Consequently, customers who purchased older versions of Gig Performer from Plugin Alliance will need to upgrade through Plugin Alliance.
Issues with Plugin Alliance plugins and the new Mac Apple Silicon processors
Apple recently released a new line of computers using their new ARM based processors, also known as Apple Silicon.
The Mac OS X version of Gig Performer supports both Intel and Apple Silicon processors.
Unfortunately, as of the time of writing (June 5th, 2021), the plugins installed by Plugin Alliance are still Intel-only. If you are running Gig Performer 4 natively on the new processors, you will not be able to access the Plugin Alliance plugins. This is particular an issue if you are using the Plugin Alliance locked edition of Gig Performer as it is only able to use Plugin Alliance plugins.
Please see this KB article for how to solve this problem.