05 Jun Information for Plugin Alliance Customers
. Plugin Alliance sells two customized versions of Gig Performer licensed from Deskew Technologies:
- Locked: This version is included with the Megabundle and the Musician Bundle and only works with Plugin Alliance plugins
- Unlocked: This version is sold as a separate product and will work with 3rd party plugins
. The unlocked version of Gig Performer sold by Plugin Alliance is substantially the same as the version sold by Deskew Technologies except for the following:
- The Plugin Alliance version uses the Plugin Alliance licensing system whereas the version from Deskew Technologies uses its own proprietary system.
If you are a PA customer, you must get your updates through PA. The Deskew version of Gig Performer cannot be used with PA licenses.
- The optional Startup Templates that are included with the Plugin Alliance version are designed for use with Plugin Alliance plugins.
- The optional startup templates included with the Deskew Technologies version are designed for plugins included with the Deskew Technologies version.
- User support for the Plugin Alliance version of Gig Performer is provided by Plugin Alliance.
- Plugin Alliance versions of “release-ready” executables are created and delivered to Plugin Alliance at the same time as the Deskew versions are created and there is typically a one month delay to allow final testing before release. However Plugin Alliance may perform their own tests and they determine their own release dates.
. Plugin Alliance has their own pricing structure which may be different than the price from Deskew Technologies. Deskew Technologies does not discount Gig Performer nor does it ever have sales (see why here). Consequently, customers who purchased older versions of Gig Performer from Plugin Alliance will need to update or upgrade through Plugin Alliance. We cannot cross-grade PA licenses to Deskew as Plugin Alliance is reasonably entitled to upgrade fees from customers who discovered Gig Performer through Plugin Alliance.
Issues with Plugin Alliance plugins and the new Mac Apple Silicon processors
. Apple recently released a new line of computers using their new ARM based processors, also known as Apple Silicon.
The macOS version of Gig Performer supports both Intel and Apple Silicon processors.
Unfortunately, as of the time of writing (June 5th, 2021), the plugins installed by Plugin Alliance were still Intel-only. If you are running Gig Performer 4 natively on the new processors, you will not be able to access the Plugin Alliance plugins. This is particularly an issue if you are using the Plugin Alliance locked edition of Gig Performer as it is only able to use Plugin Alliance plugins.
Please see this KB article for how to solve this problem.