09 Nov The upgrade has been aborted – cannot update Gig Performer
If you have been prompted that an update/upgrade is available but the update fails to install, perhaps with a message such as, “Something went wrong”, then there is most likely a permissions problem on your computer which is preventing the program from being updated. You have two options:
- Quit Gig Performer, download the latest installer directly from our website and just install the way you installed the original version
- Correct the permissions on your computer to allow the Gig Performer updater to work
If you choose the latter, here is what you need to do
- Open a terminal window. The terminal program can be found in the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder or you can just type terminal into Spotlight to find/open it
- When the terminal window opens, type the following text into it (it’s probably easier to just copy the text here and paste it)
sudo chmod -R a+x /Applications/GigPerformer.app and then press ENTER.
- You will be prompted for your password. Type it in carefully, noting that you will not see any characters as you type
- Press ENTER. If you did everything properly then you should just get a new prompt, without any error messages
You’re good to go – next time you are prompted to install an update, it should just work.