09 Nov The upgrade has been aborted – cannot update Gig Performer
If you have been prompted that a Gig Performer update/upgrade is available but the update fails to install, perhaps with a message such as, “Something went wrong”, then there is most likely a permissions problem on your computer which is preventing the program from being updated. You have two options:
a) Quit Gig Performer, download the latest installer directly from our website and just install the way you installed the original version
b) Correct the permissions on your computer to allow the Gig Performer updater to work
If you choose the latter, here is what you need to do:
- Open a terminal window. The terminal program can be found in the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder or you can just type terminal into Spotlight to find/open it
- When the terminal window opens, type the following text into it (it’s probably easier to just copy the text here and paste it)
sudo chmod -R a+x /Applications/GigPerformer.app and then press ENTER.
- You will be prompted for your password. Type it in carefully, noting that you will not see any characters as you type
- Press ENTER. If you did everything properly then you should just get a new prompt, without any error messages
You’re good to go – next time you are prompted to install an update, it should just work.
– Checksum – how to make sure you have downloaded a valid version of Gig Performer
– Information for Plugin Alliance customers
– Troubleshooting (User Guide)
– Tips to troubleshoot your computer based setup
– How to optimize your Mac for a gig